Sunday, October 30, 2011

Detox Week-Updated

Ugh. I ate wheat this weekend. Too much. I'm so bloated and it feels awful. However, we had such a good time with our friends from Cincinnati this weekend. I don't have a meal plan ready this week, but got both potatoes and leeks in our CSA this week, so I whipped up some potato leek soup for dinner tomorrow night. I'll get back on track starting tomorrow. Check back!

I have no plan for the week. But, instead of letting this derail my efforts, I'm going to take it as a challenge: how will I respond to spontaneity on paleo? What are my go-to easy meals?

I still received my CSA delivery and have tons of ingredients and have to come up with interesting ways to make sure we don't resort to take-out or frozen pizza (which I ate this weekend!!! horrible). I think this is an appropriate challenge for me this week...and should be for you too. What's in my fridge (and yours)? In the pre-paleo days, weeks like this would include multiple servings of Hamburger Helper...so, let's see:

1. Potato leek soup. This meal appears so often on my weekly meal plans that you'd think we'd be sick of it. But, no. I love it. This is probably my number 1 go-to. Not only is it delicious, but also super easy. It does have potatoes, however, and those are supposed to be used minimally...but, I made it last night, and it's tonight's dinner.

2. Ground meat. It's so easy to brown some ground meat (pork, beef, turkey, whatever), add some veg and seasonings, and call it a meal. I have some ground pork and beef this week...I wonder if I can make some meatballs and make some kind of sweet and sour sauce from a small can of pineapple juice, can of tomato paste, some white vinegar, 2T worchestershire sauce and some honey to taste...I think the sauce can be thinned out with some tomato sauce or chicken stock if needed...I can pick up a couple of bell peppers to mix in there too. Sure. That's Tuesday.

3. Stir fry strips. Incredibly versitile. I have some broccoli from the CSA and wheat-free tamari. Add some pepper flakes, rice wine vinegar, mirin, a touch of honey and chicken stock = instant asian stir fry. Done. That's Wednesday.

4. Chicken breasts. I order these every week even if I don't know what I'm going to do with them. I still don't know what I'm going to do with them...saute, pour a jar of marinara over them and call it a meal? Yup! I can! And I have some kale to saute and put on the side. That's Thursday.

There! I think that's entirely do-able. Why the heck not?

No comments:

Post a Comment